Road Accident In Bangladesh
for all Class, Words
by Safety on
Bangladesh is known for its notorious road accident statistics. The roads are overcrowded with vehicles, and drivers have a reckless…, please continue reading.
The Paragraph on Road Accident In Bangladesh
Bangladesh is known for its notorious road accident statistics. The roads are overcrowded with vehicles, and drivers have a reckless attitude when it comes to road safety. Furthermore, pedestrians and animals also share the roads, adding to the chaos. The lack of road infrastructure combined with poor traffic management leads to fatal accidents every day.
In 2019, the number of road accidents reached an all-time high in Bangladesh, with more than 4,000 people killed and over 10,000 injured. This alarming figure is a result of various factors. Firstly, the roads are in dire need of repair and maintenance. Potholes, uneven roads, and inadequate streetlights make it challenging to drive safely, especially during the night.
Secondly, drivers in Bangladesh often disregard traffic rules and regulations. They overspeed, overtake from the wrong side, and use their mobile phones while driving. Furthermore, many drivers do not have a valid license, and their vehicles are not roadworthy. This situation becomes even more dangerous during the festivals when people tend to drink and drive.
Lastly, pedestrians often cross the roads unsafely and are unaware of traffic rules. Moreover, many animals like cows and goats can be found roaming on the streets, posing a tremendous risk to drivers.
To reduce road accidents in Bangladesh, several measures need to be taken. Firstly, the government should invest in road infrastructure and maintenance. Secondly, a stricter licensing system should be implemented, and drivers caught breaking traffic rules should be penalized. Lastly, awareness campaigns should be conducted to educate people about road safety and the consequences of reckless driving.
Questions about Road Accident In Bangladesh
Questions and Answers:
- What is the state of road accidents in Bangladesh?
- Bangladesh has high road accident statistics, with thousands of people dying and getting injured every year.
- What factors contribute to road accidents in Bangladesh?
- The lack of road infrastructure, disregard for traffic rules, and unsafe pedestrian and animal behavior contribute to road accidents in Bangladesh.
- What was the number of people killed in road accidents in 2019?
- In 2019, more than 4,000 people were killed in road accidents in Bangladesh.
- What are some challenges faced by drivers in Bangladesh?
- Potholes, uneven roads, and inadequate streetlights make driving a challenge in Bangladesh.
- What are some common traffic violations in Bangladesh?
- Overspeeding, overtaking from the wrong side, and using mobile phones while driving are common traffic violations in Bangladesh.
- What is the role of the government in reducing road accidents in Bangladesh?
- The government should invest in road infrastructure and maintenance, implement a stricter licensing system, and conduct awareness campaigns to reduce road accidents in Bangladesh.
- What should the penalties for breaking traffic rules be?
- Drivers caught breaking traffic rules should be penalized.
- What is the contribution of pedestrians to road accidents in Bangladesh?
- Pedestrians often cross roads unsafely and are unaware of traffic rules, contributing to road accidents in Bangladesh.
- What are some animals that pose a risk to drivers in Bangladesh?
- Cows and goats are animals that roam on streets in Bangladesh, posing a tremendous risk to drivers.
- How can road safety be improved in Bangladesh?
- Road safety can be improved in Bangladesh by investing in road infrastructure, enforcing traffic rules, and conducting awareness campaigns.
Vocabulary related to Road Accident In Bangladesh
- Notorious - widely and unfavorably known
Usage: The city was notorious for its high crime rate.
Synonyms: infamous, scandalous, disreputable Antonyms: celebrated, renowned, esteemed
- Reckless - without thinking or caring about the consequences of an action
Usage: Peter’s reckless attitude towards gambling ended up costing him all his savings.
Synonyms: heedless, thoughtless, impulsive Antonyms: careful, cautious, prudent
- Fatal - causing death
Usage: The car crash resulted in a fatal injury to the driver.
Synonyms: lethal, deadly, mortal Antonyms: harmless, nonfatal, benign
- Inadequate - not sufficient or suitable
Usage: The company’s safety measures were inadequate, resulting in several accidents.
Synonyms: insufficient, unsatisfactory, deficient Antonyms: sufficient, satisfactory, adequate
- Roadworthy - safe and suitable to be driven on roads
Usage: The car had to be inspected to ensure it was roadworthy before the trip.
Synonyms: safe, fit, suitable Antonyms: unsafe, unfitting, unsuitable
- Penalties - punishment imposed for breaking rules or laws
Usage: The driver faced a heavy penalty for overspeeding on the highway.
Synonyms: punishment, fine, sanction Antonyms: reward, compensation, benefit
- Awareness - having knowledge or perception of a situation or fact
Usage: The campaign aimed to raise awareness about the importance of recycling.
Synonyms: consciousness, understanding, realization Antonyms: unawareness, ignorance, obliviousness
- Consequences - the result or effect of an action or decision
Usage: Smoking can have serious consequences on one’s health.
Synonyms: outcome, repercussion, aftermath Antonyms: cause, reason, motivation
- Stricter - demanding obedience and adherence to rules or laws
Usage: The school imposed stricter rules for student behavior after several incidents.
Synonyms: harsher, more rigorous, firmer Antonyms: lenient, permissive, relaxed
- Pedestrian - a person walking on a road or street
Usage: The accident occurred when a driver failed to see a pedestrian crossing the road.
Synonyms: walker, foot traveler, stroller Antonyms: driver, passenger, rider
Structure of the sample "Road Accident In Bangladesh" paragraph
Cohesion and Coherence: The paragraph on road accidents in Bangladesh has strong cohesion and coherence. Numerous transition words like ‘furthermore’, ‘secondly’, and ‘lastly’ are used to connect ideas efficiently. The paragraph starts by stating the problem, and each following sentence expands on that. The writer emphasizes the factors contributing to road accidents in Bangladesh and provides concrete examples to support each point. Additionally, the concluding statement summarizes the ideas and provides solutions to the problem, creating a sense of completeness and coherence within the paragraph.